Monday, August 17, 2015

An On This Day In Cardinal Nation Update

     I just wanted those of you who follow the blog to know that I am skipping some days while I attend college. For those of you who don't know me, I am on the cusp of my 38th birthday, and have decided to chase a dream that will be caught. I am actually pursuing a degree that will help me help others. It is a degree in Social Work. My long term goal is to help those who are struggling with addiction win their battle. I thought about majoring in history, but my heart kept telling me to go that direction, and I believe in following the heart.

     I am very close to finishing the first leg of the race with the Associate's, but I have a ways to go to get to where I want to be. At minimum it will be a Bachelor's, and hopefully it is a Master's. I tell you this because many of you have been loyal readers of mine, so I would like you to know who I am and what's going on.

     I realized last semester that I was putting the blog before schoolwork. Therefore, I have to prioritize, and my education has to come first. I work full time and I am going to school full time, so I hope you can understand. I enjoy writing these blogs, and will continue to do so when time permits. I do believe I will be able to squeeze in a few new facts every week, and there are more than 500 on here in the archives.

     I'll leave you with this, do not be afraid to pursue your dreams. If someone tells you that you can't, show them that you can. Always believe in yourself. The only way you will hit a home run is if you step in the box and take a swing. If you swing and miss, step back in, and take another cut. You will get a hold of one. I plan on knocking it out of the park.

I thank each and every person who has ever read one of these blogs. They have been fun, and I can guarantee you this, I am far from done when it comes to writing them.

I will be posting what I call reruns on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OnThisDayInCardinalNation and my Twitter page as well: @CardinalHistory.

Go Cards!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment